Forum Questions - General Bullet Questions

Physics APIs, Physics file formats, Maya, Max, XSI, Cinema 4D, Lightwave, Blender, thinkingParticles™ and other simulation tools, exporters and importers
Fishypants

Forum Questions - General Bullet Questions

Post by Fishypants »

Would it be possible to separate the Physics API, Serialization and Authoring into sub sections of the forum? I don't really care at all about games using bullet or anything else other than the Maya Dynamica plugin, since this is what I use at work, and I work in Film / Television. Would be nice to have sections devoted to each topic instead of having to sift through tons of unrelated topics.

Next, is there any expectation when Bullet 3.0 will be ready? Things I would REALLY love to see implemented in the Maya plugin:

1) Breakable constraints! (yes I know this is *somewhat* possible to do already in Maya, but you have to use MEL which is slow, especially when you are iterating through 20k objects in your scene) This really should be a built in feature and running from compiled code so its fast.

2) Sleep / Force to Sleep of rigid bodies.

3) Any way to query through MEL, per frame, the rigidbodies that are in contact of each other, their velocity, and their contact points.

There's a bunch of other stuff I would like to see implemented, but if those 3 could somehow make it in the next release I think I might cry out of shear happiness, or at least make a donation somehow.
Fishypants

Re: Forum Questions - General Bullet Questions

Post by Fishypants »

Anyone? Wow these forums are going the way of the PhysX ones . . . sigh . . .
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Post by Erwin Coumans »

The community is not large enough to answer all questions.

Your request is now an issue on the Dynamica tracker: http://code.google.com/p/dynamica/issues/detail?id=13

Let's cross the fingers someone picks it up.
Thanks,
Erwin
Fishypants

Post by Fishypants »

Thanks for the reply Erwin, it is much appreciated! :)