MB_dynamicaUI - an extended Dynamica toolset

Physics APIs, Physics file formats, Maya, Max, XSI, Cinema 4D, Lightwave, Blender, thinkingParticles™ and other simulation tools, exporters and importers
mBakr

Re: MB_dynamicaUI - an extended Dynamica toolset

Post by mBakr »

@tkdmatt,

Framerate issue confirmed. I have tested the creation of Rigid Body primitives with the original toolset and Hull/Mesh shapes with my Build tools - with the scene framerate set to 25, 50, and 30. None of these framerates work properly - the resulting Rigid Bodies remain at the world origin and cannot be repositioned.

There must be something hard coded into the dRigidBody node as generated via the plugin. I will submit a bug report. Looks like 24FPS is the workaround for now...
tkdmatt

Post by tkdmatt »

Thanks for clearing that up mBakr. You should put a note about that in the help of your next version of your toolset, I gave up on rbd tools multiple times because of that bug until I sat down and tested everything.

Cheers, Matt.
mBakr

Post by mBakr »

@tkdmatt

no problem. the next release will have a few more features and hopefully a few less bugs ;-).
intervic

Post by intervic »

Hello,
there is a problem with the constraints of the tool. When I select two objects for use any type of constraint,only the first element is constrained.

The original DynamicaUI dont have this problem. I think must be this sentence:
string $selection[] = `ls -selection -hd 1 -dag -leaf -showType -type "geometry"`; //MB added -hd 1 to fix problem with dRigidBody child nodes

and the new -hd flag in the constraints functions.

Thanks!
mBakr

Post by mBakr »

intervic wrote:Hello,
there is a problem with the constraints of the tool. When I select two objects for use any type of constraint,only the first element is constrained.

The original DynamicaUI dont have this problem. I think must be this sentence:
string $selection[] = `ls -selection -hd 1 -dag -leaf -showType -type "geometry"`; //MB added -hd 1 to fix problem with dRigidBody child nodes

and the new -hd flag in the constraints functions.

Thanks!
yes. The fix for constraining RBs with child objects works, but it broke the original functionality. I reworked the selection filters in the latest version to address this issue. I will post it soon!
Tyrus

Post by Tyrus »

Is there a chance to implement a function to activate dynamics on collision?

Or is there allready a way to do it?
ErikJE

Post by ErikJE »

Tyrus wrote:Is there a chance to implement a function to activate dynamics on collision?

You need to rewrite / modify the Dynamica plugin itself for that to work.
toxik

Post by toxik »

Tyrus wrote:Is there a chance to implement a function to activate dynamics on collision?

http://bulletphysics.org/Bullet/phpBB3/ ... =12&t=5622
sibipf

Post by sibipf »

hi,
this is my first post here even if I follow dynamica for quite a long time -since volt I think)
I notice in the 2.77 release download page that there is no maya 2009 x64 version in the rar.
Any news about that? thanks
AnujSuper9

Post by AnujSuper9 »

Hello, I'm new to this community. I came across this information and was very intrigued! I'm working on a project, and this would help a lot for my simulations.

I follow the steps, and source in the script, but then I get the following error:
// Error: No object matches name: dSolver1.ssSolverType //

I'm guessing this is some kind of initialization error or something, but I'm not really sure what's wrong. Any help would be much appreciated! I'm really looking forward to trying this out.
mBakr

Post by mBakr »

These tools have been integrated into Dynamica 2.78. Find it here:

http://code.google.com/p/dynamica/downloads/list

:)
siliser

Post by siliser »

Build: Create rigid bodies of the Hull or Mesh type from an arbitrary number of source meshes - with a user specified collision margin.
Very useful info sharing, thanks a lot!
durga1878

Post by durga1878 »

Dear Sir ,

I am completely new to dynamica, but love the effects that can be created with this. I too had the "rigid bodies snapping to origin". I downloaded mb_dynamicaUI but this is the error that i get:

source "MB_dynamicaUI";
// Warning: Pixmap file dynamicaCreateActiveSphereRB.xpm not found, using default. //
// Warning: Pixmap file dynamicaCreateActiveBoxRB.xpm not found, using default. //
// Warning: Pixmap file dynamicaCreateActivePlaneRB.xpm not found, using default. //
// Warning: Pixmap file dynamicaCreateActiveHullRB.xpm not found, using default. //
// Warning: Pixmap file dynamicaCreateActiveMeshRB.xpm not found, using default. //
// Warning: Pixmap file dynamicaCreatePassiveSphereRB.xpm not found, using default. //
// Warning: Pixmap file dynamicaCreatePassiveBoxRB.xpm not found, using default. //
// Warning: Pixmap file dynamicaCreatePassivePlaneRB.xpm not found, using default. //
// Warning: Pixmap file dynamicaCreatePassiveHullRB.xpm not found, using default. //
// Warning: Pixmap file dynamicaCreatePassiveMeshRB.xpm not found, using default. //
// Warning: Pixmap file dynamicaCreateActiveSphereRBArray.xpm not found, using default. //
// Warning: Pixmap file dynamicaCreateActiveBoxRBArray.xpm not found, using default. //
// Warning: Pixmap file dynamicaCreateActivePlaneRBArray.xpm not found, using default. //
// Warning: Pixmap file dynamicaCreateActiveHullRBArray.xpm not found, using default. //
// Warning: Pixmap file dynamicaCreateActiveMeshRBArray.xpm not found, using default. //
// Warning: Pixmap file dynamicaCreatePassiveSphereRBArray.xpm not found, using default. //
// Warning: Pixmap file dynamicaCreatePassiveBoxRBArray.xpm not found, using default. //
// Warning: Pixmap file dynamicaCreatePassivePlaneRBArray.xpm not found, using default. //
// Warning: Pixmap file dynamicaCreatePassiveHullRBArray.xpm not found, using default. //
// Warning: Pixmap file dynamicaCreatePassiveMeshRBArray.xpm not found, using default. //
// Error: No object matches name: dSolver1.ssSolverType //

I am using Maya 2011 x64 on windows 7 and Bullet 2.81 for all windows. Please help me.

Thank You.