Solvers

Physics APIs, Physics file formats, Maya, Max, XSI, Cinema 4D, Lightwave, Blender, thinkingParticles™ and other simulation tools, exporters and importers
jimberndt

Solvers

Post by jimberndt »

I am lucky to be able to run the good old physX from nVidia under maya 2008 32 (I try to get a beta of the new one but ... oh well). A fabulous attribute it the "force sleep" and the "sleep threshold" which basically work like this: ARBs will be inactive until a force of magnitude X will "awaken them". Awesome for thousand of reasons... Does Dynamica has or is planing or cares to implement such functionality? Just an idea.

BTW: I notice there are 3 solvers methods in the solver node. One of them being physX... does anyone care to elaborate on their pros and cons?

Thanks much,

Jim

BTW: PDI is a rather amazing tool as well, allowing for objects that sit on each other to be solved even where they intersect. I think Dynamica is incredibly fast and I just want to understand it better. I appreciate being able to use tools like this in Maya.
toxik

Re: Solvers

Post by toxik »

Yes, force sleep is very good function in Nvidia Physx, but i mean you have wrong thread name, it must looks like: force sleep option. :)

I found this thread through search in forum, because i trying to find more informations about solvers: Bullet Physics, Aleia PhysX, Stanford PhysBAM and if they working.

It's a good idea to implement this attribute to BulletDynamica for Maya.