Dynamica Bullet Plug-in for Maya 2011 or and Bullet at yet

Physics APIs, Physics file formats, Maya, Max, XSI, Cinema 4D, Lightwave, Blender, thinkingParticles™ and other simulation tools, exporters and importers
i7inferno

Dynamica Bullet Plug-in for Maya 2011 or and Bullet at yet

Post by i7inferno »

I hope this is the right section to ask.

Has anyone gotten bullet working on 2011 64bit Maya for linux or windows?

If you have what steps did you take? Did you compile from source?

Else, is there a release date? or will the 2010 version work?
mrplatzangst

Re: Dynamica Bullet Plug-in for Maya 2011 or and Bullet at y

Post by mrplatzangst »

i7inferno wrote: Has anyone gotten bullet working on 2011 64bit Maya for linux or windows?
...not yet.
i7inferno wrote: If you have what steps did you take? Did you compile from source?
I'm using Ubuntu 10.04 64-bit here and still no luck.

This is what I did so far:
Installation of needed packages

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install cmake libgl1-mesa-dev \
libopenal-dev libsdl-mixer1.2-dev libsdl-net1.2-dev freeglut3-dev
Then:

cd dynamica-Bullet-2.76-source
cmake . -G "Unix Makefiles"
make
It starts compiling and goes on for quite some time.
Suddenly it stops and spits out the following errors

[ 94%] Building CXX object Extras/MayaPlugin/CMakeFiles/BulletMayaPlugin.dir/bt_solver.o
/home/myself/Downloads/dynamica-Bullet-2.76-source/Extras/MayaPlugin/bt_solver.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void bt_solver_t::export_bullet_file(const char*)’:
/home/myself/Downloads/dynamica-Bullet-2.76-source/Extras/MayaPlugin/bt_solver.cpp:76: error: ‘fopen’ was not declared in this scope
/home/myself/Downloads/dynamica-Bullet-2.76-source/Extras/MayaPlugin/bt_solver.cpp:79: error: ‘stderr’ was not declared in this scope
/home/myself/Downloads/dynamica-Bullet-2.76-source/Extras/MayaPlugin/bt_solver.cpp:79: error: ‘fprintf’ was not declared in this scope
/home/myself/Downloads/dynamica-Bullet-2.76-source/Extras/MayaPlugin/bt_solver.cpp:86: error: ‘fwrite’ was not declared in this scope
/home/myself/Downloads/dynamica-Bullet-2.76-source/Extras/MayaPlugin/bt_solver.cpp:87: error: ‘fclose’ was not declared in this scope
make[2]: *** [Extras/MayaPlugin/CMakeFiles/BulletMayaPlugin.dir/bt_solver.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [Extras/MayaPlugin/CMakeFiles/BulletMayaPlugin.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
Ideas on how to solve that problem?
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Re: Dynamica Bullet Plug-in for Maya 2011 or and Bullet at y

Post by Erwin Coumans »

This is an old topic, just wanted to let you know that latest Dynamica trunk build for Linux.
The Extras/MayaPlugin/Makefile is fixed, so it is easier to compile/install for Linux.

Here is a precompiled binary of Dynamica for 64bit Maya 2012, tested on Fedora Core 14.
http://code.google.com/p/dynamica/downloads/list

Thanks,
Erwin