Can't export .bullet file, Cannot find procedure "bulletE...

Physics APIs, Physics file formats, Maya, Max, XSI, Cinema 4D, Lightwave, Blender, thinkingParticles™ and other simulation tools, exporters and importers
yaoyansi

Can't export .bullet file, Cannot find procedure "bulletE...

Post by yaoyansi »

hi, all
I installed Dynamica2.76Maya2009(http://code.google.com/p/bullet/downloa ... e&can=2&q=) , and create some objects(the scene is attached here
test0_bullet_dynamic.rar
).
But I get an error "// Error: Cannot find procedure "bulletExportOptions". " when selecting the .bullet file type.

Then I install and Dynamica2.76forMaya2008(http://code.google.com/p/bullet/downloa ... e&can=2&q=). It has the problem either.

Then I install maya2009 and Dynamica2.76Maya2009 on another machine, it still has the same problem.
So, could it had something wrong in the install package? Or, any other suggestions?
Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Re: Can't export .bullet file, Cannot find procedure "bullet

Post by Erwin Coumans »

It looks like "// Error: Cannot find procedure "bulletExportOptions" is likely because the bulletExportOptions are not implemented yet. We should fix this.

You should still be able to export a .bullet file, just ignore that error message.

Can you double check if exporting a selection in the .bullet file works (despite that error message)?
Thanks,
Erwin
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Post by Erwin Coumans »

By the way, the latest Dynamica plugins and source code is now moved to this repository:

http://dynamica.googlecode.com

Thanks,
Erwin
yaoyansi

Post by yaoyansi »

Erwin Coumans wrote:It looks like "// Error: Cannot find procedure "bulletExportOptions" is likely because the
You should still be able to export a .bullet file, just ignore that error message.
I'm sorry, but the brower windows can't be poped out because this error, so I can't set the path of the export file.
Erwin Coumans wrote: Can you double check if exporting a selection in the .bullet file works (despite that error message)?
Yes, it has the same error.
VicariousEnt

Post by VicariousEnt »

I ran into the same problem with the missing options file, but it does not prevent you from exporting. I think maybe yaoyansi is attempting to export by clicking the Square icon on the right of Export All and Export Selction in the file menu, which attempts to directly invoke the exporter options. If you just select the text portion of Export All or Export Selection you can select Bullet Physics as your file type and successfully export.

Also only the 2008 version of Dynamic installs to a 2.76 directory name instead of 2.77 like the other versions.