Blender .bullet export: names of rigid bodies

Physics APIs, Physics file formats, Maya, Max, XSI, Cinema 4D, Lightwave, Blender, thinkingParticles™ and other simulation tools, exporters and importers
vano_by

Blender .bullet export: names of rigid bodies

Post by vano_by »

Hello. I exported .bullet file from Blender and tried to import this file into my app using BulletWorldImporter. Everything was ok except names of objects(rigid bodies). And I would like to know whether Blender exports names of rigid bodies to .bullet file or not.
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Re: Blender .bullet export: names of rigid bodies

Post by Erwin Coumans »

It was previously not working, but the latest patch for Blender 2.49b will export names of rigid bodies.

Here is a new precompiled Windows build of Blender 2.49b with .bullet export including names:
http://code.google.com/p/bullet-physics ... loads/list

Thanks for the report,
Erwin
iwg_eric

Post by iwg_eric »

Sorry to reply to an old post, but I've been having a lot of problems figuring out which values to use for soft bodies to get them to react in my application the way they react in blender. My hope was to create and setup the soft body in blender so that it reacts the way I like and then export it to a .bullet file so I could import it into my application and then see how the parameters are set up.

I ran the script in blender to export the .bullet file, but I'm not sure where it puts the file. Can you tell me how to get the file once it is exported from blender?

Thanks.
iwg_eric

Post by iwg_eric »