Dynamica Maya 2010 OS X compile issues

Physics APIs, Physics file formats, Maya, Max, XSI, Cinema 4D, Lightwave, Blender, thinkingParticles™ and other simulation tools, exporters and importers
goldleaf

Dynamica Maya 2010 OS X compile issues

Post by goldleaf »

I was finally able to get the plugin to compile, but the last lines of the make show this problem:

Code: Select all

ld: warning: in pluginMain.o, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in colladaExport.o, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in rigidBodyNode.o, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in rigidBodyArrayNode.o, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in collisionShapeNode.o, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in solver.o, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in bt_solver.o, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in dSolverNode.o, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in dSolverCmd.o, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in dRigidBodyCmd.o, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in dRigidBodyArrayCmd.o, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in pdbIO.o, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in drawUtils.o, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in constraint/dHingeConstraintCmd.o, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in constraint/dSliderConstraintCmd.o, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in constraint/hingeConstraintNode.o, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in constraint/sixdofConstraintNode.o, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in constraint/dNailConstraintCmd.o, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in constraint/dsixdofConstraintCmd.o, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in constraint/nailConstraintNode.o, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in constraint/sliderConstraintNode.o, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in /Applications/Autodesk/maya2010/Maya.app/Contents/MacOS/libOpenMaya.dylib, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in /Applications/Autodesk/maya2010/Maya.app/Contents/MacOS/libFoundation.dylib, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in /Applications/Autodesk/maya2010/Maya.app/Contents/MacOS/libOpenMayaUI.dylib, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in /Applications/Autodesk/maya2010/Maya.app/Contents/MacOS/libOpenMayaFX.dylib, file is not of required architecture
And when I load the plugin in maya, I get a 'wrong version of maya' error message. I've change all of the Makefile references to 2009 to 2010, but I'm not sure how else I can go about fixing this. Anyone know of how to get the .o files in the correct architecture? Has anyone had any luck with Dynamica and Maya 2010?

thanks
goldleaf

Re: Dynamica Maya 2010 OS X compile issues

Post by goldleaf »

Ah, I think I figured it out. I've got Xcode 3.2, and OS X 10.6.2 installed, and it looks like I have to have Xcode 2.4 to compile Maya plugins. Does this look correct to anyone? Is there a workaround, or do I need to get the older dev tools working in Snow Leopard?

As a side question, should I be trying to get help in the Bullet Google Code issues page rather than here?
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Post by Erwin Coumans »

Same problem here, I tried the Makefile.mac and cmake and couldn't get it to work.

I created a XCode project (from helloWorldCmd.xcodeproj) and it works well, see Bullet/Extras/MayaPlugin/BulletMayaPlugin.xcodeproj. I uploaded a precompiled version for Mac OSX, Maya 2010 in google code.

Can you check if you can get the Xcode project to compile? The result should be in the build/Release (or Debug) folder.

Thanks,
Erwin
goldleaf

Post by goldleaf »

It worked! The first time, I got some weird message (I had to leave, and didn't save it - sorry 'bout that), but I came back and tried it again. I think I had the build type on Release; it worked for me on Debug. Weird.

Thanks!