Blender : Problem to import collada files with physic

Physics APIs, Physics file formats, Maya, Max, XSI, Cinema 4D, Lightwave, Blender, thinkingParticles™ and other simulation tools, exporters and importers
tetram

Blender : Problem to import collada files with physic

Post by tetram »

Hello!

I'm currently trying to use Blender to create some simple scenes with physic behaviors. Until here everything is OK, but the problem is that I have to use collada to save the scene and I'm running into problems with the import!

In fact, I have created a very simple scene with a rigid body which fells down when playing. Until here everything is normal, then I export it with the provided collada 1.4 exporter. Then, when I import the scene again, nothing is dynamic any more and the physic properties are vanished! By the way it also lose the material and the light (maybe more... ). What I see is just that the geometries remain.

I have checked the dae files and the export seem to work correctly ( it includes the constraints, and the indications about whether or not a model is a rigid body).

I got pretty the same result with the version 1.3 exporter but with this one the materials and light were kept... But still no physics.

Then I tried other collada import/export scripts, but no one were able to import any physic back.

i also tried the jenga example from illusoft but it doesn't work either.

So... do someone succeed to export and import any scene with Bullet's physic behaviors through collada ? Is there any trick to do that ? I'm I doing wrong in building my scene ?

Thank you for your help!!!

renaud.