(Help) Trouble on running a bullet app. on Visual C++ 8

Physics APIs, Physics file formats, Maya, Max, XSI, Cinema 4D, Lightwave, Blender, thinkingParticles™ and other simulation tools, exporters and importers
1245TA

(Help) Trouble on running a bullet app. on Visual C++ 8

Post by 1245TA »

Hello there..

I was in the making of my bachelor degree thesis project on physics simulation using Bullet, but I have some trouble regarding the implementation of its library.

Such as:
I am trying to create a simple hello world demo from your tutorial section. I have coded exactly as you shown in that page (http://www.bulletphysics.com/mediawiki- ... ello_World), but whenever I want to build & run it, it shows error code "LNK4089" and it prompts "fatal error" whenever it is run. Although the demos that you give runs well..

Please, would any of you are able to give me a hint or tutorial on how to create a bullet project from scratch using microsoft Visual C++?? I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks,
1245TA
Dominik

Re: (Help) Trouble on running a bullet app. on Visual C++ 8

Post by Dominik »

the linker error code you gave is actually not an error, but just a warning.
Could you post the full error? That would help us helping you ;)

But as a first guess: did you link the bullet libraries to your project?
1245TA

Post by 1245TA »

Dominik wrote: But as a first guess: did you link the bullet libraries to your project?
How to link the bullet library into Visual C++ 8??

Usually to run the demos, I copy and paste the necessary libraries into the project, and it works well.. But, it doesn't work on my own project..
Dominik

Post by Dominik »

You mean, you usually copy the dlls?
Since bullet usually comes as a static build (i.e., .lib files) you have to tell him to use these libs (which, by the way, you still would need for interfaces in the dll builds)

To link libraries in VC8, open the project properties, and go to the linker settings.
There, in the "General" tab, add the path to your bullet libraries to the item called "Additional Library Directories"; which beforehand you should all copy to one directory, to make things easier.
Finally, go to the "input" tab, and add all required bullet libraries to the "additional dependencies" list.

Hope this helps
1245TA

Post by 1245TA »

Dominik wrote:You mean, you usually copy the dlls?
Since bullet usually comes as a static build (i.e., .lib files) you have to tell him to use these libs (which, by the way, you still would need for interfaces in the dll builds)

To link libraries in VC8, open the project properties, and go to the linker settings.
There, in the "General" tab, add the path to your bullet libraries to the item called "Additional Library Directories"; which beforehand you should all copy to one directory, to make things easier.
Finally, go to the "input" tab, and add all required bullet libraries to the "additional dependencies" list.

Hope this helps
Still the same, although it is successfully build and run, using the demo.

The funny thing is that I create my HelloWorld Project from scratch, with the whole part of the code is copy-pasted. But, when it is run, it prompts "Unhandled exception at 0x0045f81d in HelloWorld.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x5b845c33."

Is that anything I need to do to build my own project from scratch?? (Besides, linking all of the dependencies and libraries)
1245TA

Post by 1245TA »

anyone can help me please?? There is another error occur while creating new project in microsoft visual c++..
  • c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\stdlib.h(406) : error C2381: 'exit' : redefinition; __declspec(noreturn) differs
    c:\glut\include\gl\glut.h(146) : see declaration of 'exit'
What did I do wrong??

FYI, I'm using Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition.

Thanks,
1245TA