Maya x64 volunteer

Physics APIs, Physics file formats, Maya, Max, XSI, Cinema 4D, Lightwave, Blender, thinkingParticles™ and other simulation tools, exporters and importers
bazuka

Re: Maya x64 volunteer

Post by bazuka »

thats what i made in my last installer :)

im telling u its the best way, as the RBD said the elegan :)
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Post by Erwin Coumans »

Ok, that is almost perfect.

Can you rename it to DynamicaBullet2.72?

The dll's (msvcp80.dll, msvcr80.dll) have to be in the plugin folder, next to BulletMayaPlugin.mll which is a dll. So can you please remove the 'dll' folder and move both dll's next to the .mll?

After those changes, can you share the install script again?
Thanks again,
Erwin
bazuka

Post by bazuka »

sure no problem :)
Attachments
BulletDynamica2.72.rar
installer script
(1012 Bytes) Downloaded 684 times
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Post by Erwin Coumans »

The script files have been checked into the Bullet repository.

Some minor changes, to make it work out-of-the-box -> docs renamed to doc, and dll's are included from the original location, assuming MSVC 2005 is installed.
Just compile BulletMayaPlugin.mll using the included Bullet\Extras\MayaPlugin\BulletMayaPlugin.sln, and compile the script using free NSIS 2.39 and that's it!

Please test the installer here: http://code.google.com/p/bullet/downloa ... _Win32.exe

Thanks a lot,
Erwin
bazuka

Post by bazuka »

Hi Erwin is there a new source for Dynamica? some changes or something, coz i want it to make a new build for win 64 and to make a installer for that one too...

btw u can remove this line (;CreateDirectory "$INSTDIR\dll") from script we dont need it...

cheers

btw would be nice if any1 could make some gfx for installer, an small image 150x300 (WxH) i dont know some nice 3d bullet with dynamica txt over or something like that :), just an idea...

cheers
RBD

Post by RBD »

bazuka, you can get all of the latest sources anytime with:

Code: Select all

svn checkout http://bullet.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ bullet-read-only
(or whatever directory you want to copy the source to, you could keep multiple revisions simply by using different directory names) as indicated at Bullet's Google code page.
All of the sources, including Dynamica scripts and icons etc. are included in the trunk.
RBD

Post by RBD »

Erwin Coumans wrote:[...]Please test the installer[...]
Tested... and it's great, but some ideas / feedback:
The plugin is installed in the "Program Files" directory yet the module is installed in user's directory. I see it this way (and I think perhaps only the first option needs to be implemented):
  • If installing for all users, install plugin in the "Program Files" directory and put the module in the shared: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Alias Shared\Modules\Maya\2008" directory (not sure if the name of this path changes per installation?).
  • If installing for an individual, then perhaps install both plugin and module in user's personal directory.
Also, not sure why the module is named: "BulletDynamica.6_module"? (what's the 6 stand for?) Based on what I write below, perhaps the module should just be named: DynamicaBullet?

The other thing I tried is to have multiple installations, like "Program Files\DynamicaBullet2.72" and "Program Files\DynamicaBullet2.73"... it doesn't work, Maya will take the last script by the same name it finds, it does not segregate the modules. In light of this, perhaps you should install to "Program Files\DynamicaBullet" instead, since multiple versions cannot co-exist? ... or simply suggest that people uninstall before installing newer versions.

Good work,
Thanks,
Cheers.
bazuka

Post by bazuka »

10x for testing,

- yeah maybe ur right about the installing for all users i think i can solve that have to look...

about the module name :) im not sure i think i saw somewhere some plugin named same so just copy :)

multiple ver are not possible at this moment :) i could make a fix its not a probl but why would any1 have 'same' plugin 2x???

in maya u will use only 2.72 or 2.73....

well basically i could change everything :) if we all agree about it wont be any probl for me to change it

cheers
bazuka

Post by bazuka »

i have made a new build for x64 i have removed the ver numbers from directory name, 6_ from module

if i forgot anything remind me plz

cheers

there was a small bug in previous installer for x32 & x64 :) (sorry, i switch the module names) when u do uninstall plz manually delete DynamicaBullet.module from My Documents\maya\modules\

here is the fixed version...
x64
http://rapidshare.com/files/148807616/D ... 4.rar.html

x32
http://rapidshare.com/files/148808992/D ... t.rar.html

Erwin u could upload this to the google/download and then we can remove this link :)

p.s. in next installer build ill add uninstall in Add/Remove Programs, and detection of previous ver of Dynamica Bullet :)

more coming up...
untelon

Post by untelon »

First of all I wanted to let you know how much I appreciate what you are doing. I am so looking forward to start playing with Bullet. Thank you Bazuka for all the work compiling the plugin for all different versions of Maya.

My name is Jim and at our studio (CBS-D) we are running Maya2008 x 64 on windows. I followed the following link and downloaded what I think is the version of bullet for Maya 2008 x 64 :

http://rapidshare.com/files/148807616/D ... 4.rar.html

I looked for it at the google open source pages, but did not see it there ( http://code.google.com/p/bullet/downloads/list ).

It installed without a hitch. Yet, when I tried to enable the plugin i receive the following message:

// Error: Plug-in, "BulletMayaPlugin" was compiled against a newer version of the Maya API and is incompatible with the current Maya version. (BulletMayaPlugin) //

Any ideas?
bazuka

Post by bazuka »

hm, let me check its possible there is a bug with some dll plz hold on.....

ok, i have just checked and i dont have a probl here, i also ask 2 of my friends to try and they said that they didnt had any probl running the plugin...
bazuka

Post by bazuka »

mr_dreamer

Post by mr_dreamer »

are you planning to do version for Maya2009?
RBD

Post by RBD »

mr_dreamer wrote:are you planning to do version for Maya2009?
bazuka posted a compiled version for 2009 x64, See page 9 on this thread over on CGTalk: Disney's Dynamica plugin for Bullet Physics
bazuka

Post by bazuka »