Page 1 of 1
How to increase the quality of physics for IPO baking ?
Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:31 pm
by 3delic
How to increase the quality of physics for IPO baking ?
I saw somewhere there is a steps parameter which increases the quality of simulation, but cant find the link anymore . And I didn't understood where to write the line ...
Thanks
Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:41 pm
by Erwin Coumans
See
http://www.continuousphysics.com/mediaw ... ysics_Tips
You probably need Blender 2.42 for this to work. Then attach a python script in the game engine, and run those lines:
Code: Select all
import PhysicsConstraints
PhysicsConstraints.setNumTimeSubSteps(2)
You can increase that number for higher quality. Also read the other Physics Tips in above link.
After 2.43 we hopefully have time to improve physics baking, with more options as buttons.
Hope this helps,
Erwin
Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:50 am
by 3delic
Thanks.
Can I attach the script with a logice brick and an alway sensor ?
Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:01 pm
by Erwin Coumans
I just committed the fix that enables increased simulation quality by subdividing the timestep. This should go in version 2.44 of Blender.
Code: Select all
import PhysicsConstraints
PhysicsConstraints.setNumTimeSubSteps(2)
You can also use higher numbers then 2 obviously.
Also the random seed used inside the simulation is now reset after simulation restart. So hopefully that makes the simulation more deterministic (one one platform).
Hope this helps,
Erwin