Page 1 of 1

spring with ending range

Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:42 pm
by Bluesmaster
Hello Bullet Community,

I just startet some research with bullet and my first impression is very good. Thanks to all making this possible.

So now I have 2 Cubes which can collide ( the first is pushing the second one )
I want the 1. to have a small spring on the front. So when they both collide there should not be a singular impulse exchange but a buffered pushing.
But I cannot use a spring constraint because the spring should only have certain range ( is part of the collision process, and not connected to the 2. body )

I thought about insering a soft body between the 2 bodys but there must be better solution. So:

How can I make a Spring with ending range?

Thanks very much & best regards

Blues