Bouncing ball intersects ground for one step every bounce
Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:56 pm
I am simulating a bouncing ball. The ball intersects the ground for one step every time it bounces, how can I prevent this?
I am running at a fixed time step, updating the world with so i do not believe it is an interpolation issue.
I also have the following settings applied to my world, this fixed an issue with the ball bounce heigh being unpredictable (one bounce higher than the last)
Am i missing anything or doing something wrong?
I am running at a fixed time step, updating the world with
Code: Select all
dynamicsWorld->stepSimulation(updateFreq, int(1 / updateFreq), updateFreq);I also have the following settings applied to my world, this fixed an issue with the ball bounce heigh being unpredictable (one bounce higher than the last)
Code: Select all
info.m_splitImpulse = 1;
info.m_splitImpulsePenetrationThreshold = 0;
info.m_numIterations = 20;