Page 1 of 1

How to load .blend files?

Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:43 am
by benlau
hi,

I am reading documents for getting started with Bullet. However, I am quite confused with how Bullet integrate with Blender. Using Bullet inside Blender environment is fine, but how to load .blend by Bullet library? I can't find any functions to deal with it.

Can I develop a standalone application with Bullet which can use Blender's 3D object but not include Blender itself?

Thanks.

Re: How to load .blend files?

Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:00 am
by Erwin Coumans
You can use COLLADA Physics export feature in Blender to export 3d objects, including some rigidbody/collision detection/constraint information. Bullet has a Collada importer (see ColladaDemo).

Alternatively, you can can check the OgreBullet demo by Charlie, it has .blend import. It is work in progress. See http://www.continuousphysics.com/Bullet ... 9&start=15


Erwin

benlau wrote:hi,

I am reading documents for getting started with Bullet. However, I am quite confused with how Bullet integrate with Blender. Using Bullet inside Blender environment is fine, but how to load .blend by Bullet library? I can't find any functions to deal with it.

Can I develop a standalone application with Bullet which can use Blender's 3D object but not include Blender itself?

Thanks.

Re: How to load .blend files?

Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:01 am
by Erwin Coumans
You can use COLLADA Physics export feature in Blender to export 3d objects, including some rigidbody/collision detection/constraint information. Bullet has a Collada importer (see Bullet/Demos/ColladaDemo).

Alternatively, you can can check the OgreBullet demo by Charlie, it has .blend import. It is work in progress. See http://www.continuousphysics.com/Bullet ... 9&start=15

Erwin

benlau wrote:hi,

I am reading documents for getting started with Bullet. However, I am quite confused with how Bullet integrate with Blender. Using Bullet inside Blender environment is fine, but how to load .blend by Bullet library? I can't find any functions to deal with it.

Can I develop a standalone application with Bullet which can use Blender's 3D object but not include Blender itself?

Thanks.