Page 1 of 1

Anyone know if the version of bullet in the blender game eng

Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:21 am
by BluePrintRandom
Anyone know if the version of bullet in the blender game engine is multithreaded?

Re: Anyone know if the version of bullet in the blender game

Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:18 am
by cianmcgrath
I would also like to know this and if it's not, which programs have the multithreaded version.
The bullet engine in Cinema 4D only uses one tread which I find very slow for very complex simulations.

Would I be right in saying that Thinking Particles 5 is the only multithreaded version?

Thanks.
Cian.

Re: Anyone know if the version of bullet in the blender game

Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:52 am
by BluePrintRandom
Bump

Re: Anyone know if the version of bullet in the blender game

Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:05 am
by c6burns
Why don't you ask this on the blender forums?

Re: Anyone know if the version of bullet in the blender game

Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:05 pm
by BluePrintRandom
I just asked the DEV team, users don't seem to know at BlenderArtists.org

Re: Anyone know if the version of bullet in the blender game

Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:46 pm
by DannyChapman
BluePrintRandom wrote:I just asked the DEV team, users don't seem to know at BlenderArtists.org
I thought Blender was open source...

Re: Anyone know if the version of bullet in the blender game

Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:46 pm
by BluePrintRandom
It is, but I am looking at the roadmap, not the current build
and bullet 3.x is planned for integration ~2014~ ?
Bullet 3.x is not ready for prime-time yet.
I am currently merging Bullet 2.x into Bullet 3.x and filling the gaps. I
will post here once that work is ready, some time in 2014.

Thanks,
Erwin