PHY_ScalarType performance with btBvhTriangleMeshShapes
Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:58 pm
Hey guys!
I'm using Gameplay3D (an engine that uses bullet), and I'm interested in making a dynamic world. I plan to split up the world's collision meshes into convenient "chunks" (so you only need to update the chunks instead of the entire world mesh). I happened to stumble upon this in the docs, however.
I'm assuming these are the different formats I can use to supply vertex information to my btBvhTriangleMeshShapes. Will using one of the smaller data type formats give better performance when updating the btBvhTriangleMeshShape data? Aka, when I destroy a "block" in my world and I need to update the vertex info for the collider, will it run faster if I use PHY_UCHAR vs PHY_FLOAT?
I'm using Gameplay3D (an engine that uses bullet), and I'm interested in making a dynamic world. I plan to split up the world's collision meshes into convenient "chunks" (so you only need to update the chunks instead of the entire world mesh). I happened to stumble upon this in the docs, however.
Code: Select all
PHY_ScalarType enumerates possible scalar types.
See the btStridingMeshInterface or btHeightfieldTerrainShape for its use
Enumerator
PHY_FLOAT
PHY_DOUBLE
PHY_INTEGER
PHY_SHORT
PHY_FIXEDPOINT88
PHY_UCHAR
Definition at line 25 of file btConcaveShape.h.