Page 1 of 1

Compound child with static bounds not working

Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:21 am
by Appolonius
When both children have static bounds they do not collide, but if only one of the colliding children use static the collision works fine. I was using a non default mesh, not the one in this file.
This example will show what I'm talking about. after playing once, change only one of the children to box or convex and it works fine. Only static to static don't work.

http://appolonius1978.googlepages.com/c ... unds.blend

Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:49 am
by darkelfv
Edit, I thought it could be similar to what i was having problems with. However I see now its not.

I did come up with a workaround, you can use boxes that overlap your mesh and use that as a hitting point for the collision.
Then make them invisible using a game actuator, I tested this and it works

As far as advanced meshes for colision, it seems there is either another solution im unaware of or its a bug.

Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:29 am
by Appolonius
Well for complex meshes i could use a bunch of separate objects connected to the parent, but i was trying to keep the object as one mesh.
I had just found this not looking for an answer but report a possible bug :)

Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:02 am
by Erwin Coumans
There is no collision detection between 2 static triangle meshes.

For now, you will need to choose another boundstype for one of them.

This might improve in future versions.
Erwin