Explosion/attraction type physics
Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:14 am
Hi,
does anyone know if it is possible to have interaction among the rigid bodies in a scene without actual collision. Think of an example, a bomb goes off and all physics enabled objects up to a certain spherical diameter are pushed away from the hypothetical point of the explosion. Or, on the other hand, an electrical magnet is set on and off at will at which time it pulls objects closer. I think I had seen a simple puzzle type example by pOOf demonstrating a magnet effect but it was just a cheat (all objects faced the point of attraction and a force was applied in Logic Bricks). What I'm taking is real interaction from a distance, like it is used in many modern games, even since UT2004.
Does such a feature exist in Bullet yet? And if so, how is it achieved?
does anyone know if it is possible to have interaction among the rigid bodies in a scene without actual collision. Think of an example, a bomb goes off and all physics enabled objects up to a certain spherical diameter are pushed away from the hypothetical point of the explosion. Or, on the other hand, an electrical magnet is set on and off at will at which time it pulls objects closer. I think I had seen a simple puzzle type example by pOOf demonstrating a magnet effect but it was just a cheat (all objects faced the point of attraction and a force was applied in Logic Bricks). What I'm taking is real interaction from a distance, like it is used in many modern games, even since UT2004.
Does such a feature exist in Bullet yet? And if so, how is it achieved?