Modeling Centrifugal Forces - radius of rotation
Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:54 am
Hello,
I am trying to learn more about how to calculate the centrifugal forces acting on an aircraft. The formula is really easy but the instantaneous radius of rotation needs to be found. In 2D this is easy and can be found in dynamics books.
But for a 3D object, I haven't yet find any info about how to calculate the radius of the turn.
Any ideas, tips, PDFs ?
MDE
I am trying to learn more about how to calculate the centrifugal forces acting on an aircraft. The formula is really easy but the instantaneous radius of rotation needs to be found. In 2D this is easy and can be found in dynamics books.
But for a 3D object, I haven't yet find any info about how to calculate the radius of the turn.
Any ideas, tips, PDFs ?
MDE