Page 1 of 1

Blender 2.43rc1, Bullet Friction Problems

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:45 am
by Chaser
I wasn't really sure where to put this, I hope I got it right.

While using Force to control a character in an FPS, I noticed that when walking around, I wasn't always moving in the direction I was facing. I narrowed it down to the friction. When I turned friction on the materials to 0, it worked fine, but everything was slippery. recorded a demonstration to a quicktime movie. http://members.shaw.ca/chasey/media/Fri ... oblems.mov

The blue line shows where it should have gone, red where it did.

I hope that this is just temporary, and will be fixed by 2.43.

Oh, I almost forgot, object damping doesn't work anymore.

Thank you for reading!
-Chaser

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:54 am
by Erwin Coumans
The "Blender with Bullet Physics" section is the right place. I can't think of a more descriptive name :)

Do you have a link to a .blend file?

Not all functionality is hooked up, more improvements will happen in future Blender versions: this project is a spare-time project, and my spare-time is very sparce, and main focus is Bullet SDK itself.

Thanks for the feedback,
Erwin

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:02 am
by Chaser
Thank you very much for the fast reply!

I'll post a .blend right away!

Sorry for posting it in the wrong forum. :oops:

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:14 am
by Chaser
Here is a little demo setup: http://members.shaw.ca/chasey/files/Fri ... .blend.zip

Thanks for helping!
-Chase.