Page 1 of 1
Bullet Irrlicht demo
Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:34 am
by nomad
A small (win32, VC 7.1) demo using Irrlicht. Hit 1-6 to add objects, shoot to remove them.
This is a basic framework that demonstrates loading meshes and sharing of various different collision shapes. Also a simple 'hello world' demo to get Irrlicht users started with Bullet.
Download

Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:29 pm
by Erwin Coumans
That looks like a really nice demo already.
Could you add the option to display debug settings using Bullet btIDebugDrawer interface? And wireframe rendering?
Also it would be good to see which percentage/cpu cycles go to graphics, versus physics.
Thanks,
Erwin
Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:03 am
by nomad
OK, I'll add some debug display options to the demo very soon, and do some simple profiling to measure the graphics vs. physics CPU usage.
Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:19 pm
by nomad
Download
I've added a window to display some stats, including the btProfiler info. The demo now has wireframe display, aabbs, deactivation of obects (they go a bit darker) and shows Bullet's percentage CPU usage.
I implemented the btIDebugDraw interface (obviously), but I didn't use drawLine (since it is easier to let Irrlicht do AABBs) or drawContactPoint.
I haven't implemented these debug draw modes:
DBG_DrawFeaturesText
DBG_DrawContactPoints
DBG_EnableSatComparison
DBG_DisableBulletLCP
DBG_EnableCCD
But I could always add these later on, if they would be useful to anyone.
This version uses the multi-threaded runtime library to avoid linker errors. The original demo had a huge poly count for the spheres, they have been cut down, and now you can also hide much of the geometry. Instructions on-screen.
Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 1:33 pm
by jacob_x
Hi. I want to use Bullet with Irrlicht in Dev-CPP but didn`t found any tutorial which describes how to integrate Bullet with Dev-CPP. Is this possible? As i know Dev-CPP need files with specific extension (.a if i remember correctly) but i don`t know where or how to get it.
Sorry for my poor english..
Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:14 pm
by izigoo
That´s a great demo. The combination of bullet and irrlicht is perfect.
Did you make already a second demo ?
I hope you make more stuff like this because we plan to include bullet in our 3D world.
iZigoo
Re: Bullet Irrlicht demo
Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:39 am
by murjara
Demo application quits itself always when keys 1-6 are pressed. So can´t see any physics. What causes that?
Re: Bullet Irrlicht demo
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:48 pm
by Jacky_J