Box2D question
Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:46 pm
I've been playing around with Erin Catto's Box2D code to see if I can adapt it for use in a platform beat-em-up I'm working on. I added support for circles and ellipses and everything is going very smoothly so far. However, I've run into problems with friction.
Imagine a long flat box representing the ground and a sphere representing the player. If the player runs along the ground and jumps, when he lands (the sphere collides with the box) he gets stuck for a second because of friction. I believe this is happening because of the accumulated normal impulse.
Any tips on what I could alter to prevent this from happening?
Imagine a long flat box representing the ground and a sphere representing the player. If the player runs along the ground and jumps, when he lands (the sphere collides with the box) he gets stuck for a second because of friction. I believe this is happening because of the accumulated normal impulse.
Any tips on what I could alter to prevent this from happening?