Mesh fallthrough mesh but not hull
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:31 pm
Hi,
I am looking at bullet for maya.
The following test is my question:
I make 3 cubes with 10 subdevisions in width depth and height.
One of the qubes i scale to and move to be by groundplane and have it be a static body with collider shape type set to mesh,
the other two I set to dynamic rigidbody.
However one of them i set the collider shape type to mesh and the other is set to hull.
What happens when i simulate it is that the cube set to mesh falls through but the cube set to hull does not fall through.
I have tried settting the Internal Fixed Frame Rate to max which doesent prevent it from fallint through.
It seems Hulls does not fall through anything however meshes falls thorugh other meshes, but not hulls.
The reason why I want to use mesh instead of hull is because if i have anything other then a simple qube for example a bowl and a cube both being hulls the cube floats abow the bowl like shown in the attached jpg.
If i have the bowl be a mesh and the cube be a hull the cube falls into the bowl.
Is there any way around this or is there something I am doing wrong?
I keep getting the error: Input collision mesh has no vertices. -when i create rigidbody with mesh as well as hull.
Thanks in advanced for you help.
I am looking at bullet for maya.
The following test is my question:
I make 3 cubes with 10 subdevisions in width depth and height.
One of the qubes i scale to and move to be by groundplane and have it be a static body with collider shape type set to mesh,
the other two I set to dynamic rigidbody.
However one of them i set the collider shape type to mesh and the other is set to hull.
What happens when i simulate it is that the cube set to mesh falls through but the cube set to hull does not fall through.
I have tried settting the Internal Fixed Frame Rate to max which doesent prevent it from fallint through.
It seems Hulls does not fall through anything however meshes falls thorugh other meshes, but not hulls.
The reason why I want to use mesh instead of hull is because if i have anything other then a simple qube for example a bowl and a cube both being hulls the cube floats abow the bowl like shown in the attached jpg.
If i have the bowl be a mesh and the cube be a hull the cube falls into the bowl.
Is there any way around this or is there something I am doing wrong?
I keep getting the error: Input collision mesh has no vertices. -when i create rigidbody with mesh as well as hull.
Thanks in advanced for you help.