Page 1 of 1

Installation for Maya 2012 64-bit

Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:05 am
by frescalus
Hello all

I am very sorry for my ignorance, but I have been searching on a step by step to build and install this software.
Would anyone be kind enough to point me in the right direction?

I was trying to use cmake but I have been getting errors stating that it cannot find the compiler in the cmake folders and other details as well.

Thank you, and again I am sorry.

Re: Installation for Maya 2012 64-bit

Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:32 am
by Erwin Coumans
Under Windows, with Visual Studio installed, cmake should find Visual Studio.

Otherwise, what platform/compiler do you use?
Thanks,
Erwin

Re: Installation for Maya 2012 64-bit

Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:30 am
by frescalus
ok well I guess I somehow missed that, and you think with me knowing a little programming I would understand I needed an actual "Compiler" after recognizing names like Borland.

Ok, time to find my old visual studio 6 then...unless I can buy a copy of an updated visual studio

Re: Installation for Maya 2012 64-bit

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:43 pm
by VicariousEnt
You can download any Express version of MSDev from Microsoft for free.