Page 2 of 6

Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:44 am
by baboule
That's interesting, thanks Appolonius.

So that's why the trampoline demo actually works... the constraints are kinda "loose".
That makes sense to have a simulation not too "straight" and "choppy". And that's good to know :)

Unfortunatly, it doesn't seem too predictable. I'll have to do some tests :wink:

Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:12 pm
by goldentaiji
Erwin Coumans wrote:The goal of the non-profit content is to make a Rube Goldberg style simulation that is fun to watch running and interact with. We should not violate this patent, and not create a puzzle-building game. To quote the patent:
patent wrote: "Such objects are selected by the user from menus displayed adjacent a puzzle-building region of the display screen of a computer terminal having a cursor control system, preferably including a mouse."
Therefore there should be not a 'puzzle-building region' in the entries, I will add that to the rules.

Thanks for the feedback!
Erwin
Hmm... where exactly did the quote come from? If it's not in the "claim" of the patent, it's not valid. Anything in the "specifications" is not what he has rights to, but what is claimed. Was this from the incredible machine or some other game that was patented?

Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:16 pm
by darkelfv
Thanks for the springs demo. I have been experimenting with complex rigs. I have something working now, I can't say much with out spoiling it for the contest. Just know that with this engine your possiblities are pretty much endless.

I will point out that seeing you tube, garys mod for halflife 2 has a rope simulation. you can attach it too differnt points and create all kinds of interesting pullies and levers. This would be a very nice feature in the bullent engine. a real spring would be nice too but sence that can be emulated to a degree, i would say rope would be the next best thing.

Thanks all.

Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:38 am
by waynefox3
im just checknig in here
is there an eta on the entry page my piece is just about done
and i wanted make sure i havent missed anyhting yet
like i said im just checking in here thats all

Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:29 pm
by darkelfv
Yeah Where do we sign up for it. I have some devices done but i haven't started on my main machine

Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:16 pm
by endif
count me in!

im almost done with mine.

how do i register?

Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:08 am
by rush2049
I am working on a rube goldberg for a school project, so i will enter.


One question I have is... are the judges looking at prettyness or originality with design?

Will you accept a baked game simulation? As with mine already 1/2 try's don't make it or it gets bugged with collision detection.

Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:03 am
by Erwin Coumans
A baked simulation is fine, and a movie too, but you have to provide a way to reproduce the baking. Source code or .blend file is fine.

Erwin

rush2049 wrote:I am working on a rube goldberg for a school project, so i will enter.


One question I have is... are the judges looking at prettyness or originality with design?

Will you accept a baked game simulation? As with mine already 1/2 try's don't make it or it gets bugged with collision detection.

Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:04 am
by Erwin Coumans
I'm very busy with work right now, but will open some submission email/posting before the ending of the contest.

Thanks,
Erwin

endif wrote:count me in!

im almost done with mine.

how do i register?

Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:51 pm
by rush2049
so are you going to judge on the design of the contraption, or are you also judging on the environment also....

Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:44 pm
by moobins
Erwin Coumans wrote:I'm very busy with work right now, but will open some submission email/posting before the ending of the contest.
Ok, but I will go soon to mountains so I wont be able to send the machine, so I need to register and send in a few days...

Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:53 pm
by moobins
are you going to publish all source codes? Or blends will be only for your use?

Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:28 pm
by Erwin Coumans
It would be best to release the .blends and source code.

I got only very few entries so far, so it might be that the deadline gets extended.

Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:05 pm
by endif
I got only very few entries so far, so it might be that the deadline gets extended.
i wouldnt say that, i think that every one is putting the finishing touches on their machines as we speak. i know i am. expect my entry on this coming monday or tuesday.

ill bet you will have a flood of them by then :P

Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:24 pm
by baboule
I wouldn't mind on a slight extention of the deadline...