Page 1 of 1

Ridgid Body Modeling

Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:50 am
by fredb
I would like to model a simple machine in Blender with the Bullet physics engine. I have only made some simple animated text in Blender, so I'm fairly clueless about where to start with this. I would like the machine to operate in an environments both with gravity and without gravity.

The machine is pretty simple a motor that drives drives a weight set out from the axis of the motor by a small distance. I presume the torque applied by the motor can be specified with according to a function with reference to time, the torque will vary regularly with time.

Could some one point me in the right direction to start on this project.

fred

Re: Ridgid Body Modeling

Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:05 am
by Erwin Coumans
For Blender and its Bullet integrated in the Blender Game Engine (BGE), it is best to use the Blender Artists forums here:
http://blenderartists.org/forum/forumdi ... Discussion

Also, check out those rube goldberg machines, made in BGE:
http://bulletphysics.org/mediawiki-1.5. ... ontest2007

Thanks,
Erwin