Page 2 of 2
Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:33 pm
by Erwin Coumans
Bullet is hosted at sourceforge, is there a way to create a mailinglist there?
With respect to inheritance versus encapsulation, you will make the project a bit more dependent. An encapsulation wrapper might protect a bit better against potential Bullet changes (although I try to minimize to change existing interface now). But ts a good idea from maintenance perspective, so yo don't need to mirror every new Bullet feature.
I will get back to you about this 'scalar' version of the interface, I have to think about the implications but I can consider it.
You should enter the Bullet showcase contest, such a port makes chance to win a playstation3/nintendo wii

Erwin
tuan kuranes wrote:I'm going toward inheritance wrapper instead of encapsulation wrapper.
@erwin :
- Is there or can we have a "svn-commit" mailing list ?
- As I'd like to know if you intend to add non-btvector3, btquaternion methods :
Idea would be to have both
Code: Select all
btrigigbody::setLinearVelocity(btVector3)
and
Code: Select all
btrigigbody::setLinearVelocity(x,y,z)
the latter would be usable directly from Ogre code ?
As I have to make new getter anyway, it's certainly not mandatory in Bullet core Code, but may help other "wrappers" or even c-physic interface
Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:39 pm
by tuan kuranes
Bullet is hosted at sourceforge, is there a way to create a mailinglist there?
In the sf admin panel. there is the subversion hook script you might want to enable too.
But ts a good idea from maintenance perspective, so yo don't need to mirror every new Bullet feature.
That and wrap code just add cpu/mem overhead.
I will get back to you about this 'scalar' version of the interface, I have to think about the implications but I can consider it.
Let me know about that. From an efficiency side, It would save wrapper a btVector3 ot btQuaternion instance creation at each call.
You should enter the Bullet showcase contest, such a port makes chance to win a playstation3/nintendo wii
I'll try to think about some nice Wrapper non-trivial Demo ideas

Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:15 pm
by Erwin Coumans
tuan kuranes wrote:Bullet is hosted at sourceforge, is there a way to create a mailinglist there?
In the sf admin panel. there is the subversion hook script you might want to enable too.
Thanks, there is a new bullet-committers mailing list:
Would it automatically work if I point the SVN::notify email to bullet-committers at lists.sourceforge.net? Usually, you need to register for a mailinglist, before you can post. I wonder how this would work for an automatic mailer like SVN::notify.
The list will take a few hours to 'activate', so we have to wait.
Thanks for the tip,
Erwin
Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:52 pm
by snailrose
Hey,
So far the COLLADA exporter for blender looses some information behind the conversion in Blender(vertex colors / smooth normals).
I honestly think a blend file reader is just the perfect solution (for my problems anyway). As Erwin pointed out a blend2dae would be a useful tool as well
Thanks,
Charlie
Posted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:04 pm
by pognibene
That's a message for Tuan Kuranes : do you have anything working
for your bullet wrapper? I'll be very interested in any code you have
to integrate bullet in Ogre (for the collision part).
Thank you.
-pogn
Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:55 am
by snailrose
I put together a small .blend parser. It still has some issues with invalid floats. The strange thing is the same file parsed inside blender seems to contain incorrect values as well. So something is wrong somewhere. Its just a testing release anyway and will need lots more work to actually be useful.
This has been tested on 64|32bit Linux, and 32bit windows, as well as files saved in big endian. File versions as far back as 225 have been tested also, but its best to save in 242 or later.
I would like to hear what you all think.
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... _id=169924
Thanks,
Charlie
having a linking error during build of ogrebullet
Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:13 pm
by PhysiczJunk33
downloaded the example and can't play around with bullet have a linking error that i have been triing to debug and was hoping someone in the community could help out with it.
BulletOgreTest error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: static void __cdecl Ogre::WindowEventUtilities::messagePump(void)" (__imp_?messagePump@WindowEventUtilities@Ogre@@SAXXZ) referenced in function _main
i have the following libraries in my project
ois_d.lib
OgreMain_d.lib
libbulletcollision_d.lib
libbulletmath_d.lib
dinput.lib
libboxbox_d.lib
DebugColladaDemo.lib
libbulletdynamics_d.lib
dxguid.lib
OgreGUIRenderer_d.lib
is it possible that i'm missing something'
Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:42 pm
by jacmoe
pognibene wrote:That's a message for Tuan Kuranes : do you have anything working
for your bullet wrapper? I'll be very interested in any code you have
to integrate bullet in Ogre (for the collision part).
I am surprised he didn't announce it here, but here goes:
http://www.ogre3d.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=29034 
Re: having a linking error during build of ogrebullet
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 7:36 am
by neuronz
PhysiczJunk33 wrote:downloaded the example and can't play around with bullet have a linking error that i have been triing to debug and was hoping someone in the community could help out with it.
BulletOgreTest error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: static void __cdecl Ogre::WindowEventUtilities::messagePump(void)" (__imp_?messagePump@WindowEventUtilities@Ogre@@SAXXZ) referenced in function _main
I'm getting the same problem now (using VS2005 sp1).
Does anyone know the solution?
Re: Ogre & Bullet
Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:15 pm
by kenshin
OGRE
Bullet
Now?I am make the best efforts to study them