Page 1 of 1

Building a powered robot model using bullet physics

Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:37 pm
by Autumn
Hi
I'm new to bullet physics. I want to build a model of a robot (a salamander) to simulate how fast it can cawl. The input I have is the angles and angular speed of joints on the robot output from MATLAB. I'm not sure if I can build a powered robot system in bullet physics since all the demos are consist of unpowered objects activated by users.
Can anybody tell me if I'm on the right track to build a robot in bullet physics?? Thank you soo much for any suggestions!!!

Re: Building a powered robot model using bullet physics

Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:00 am
by Dr.Shepherd
Autumn wrote:Hi
I'm new to bullet physics. I want to build a model of a robot (a salamander) to simulate how fast it can cawl. The input I have is the angles and angular speed of joints on the robot output from MATLAB. I'm not sure if I can build a powered robot system in bullet physics since all the demos are consist of unpowered objects activated by users.
Can anybody tell me if I'm on the right track to build a robot in bullet physics?? Thank you soo much for any suggestions!!!
If you already got all the variables, why not compute the speed in Matlab, that's far more simple than Bullet.