Page 1 of 1

Building bullet in windows with MinGW

Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:37 am
by ahmadiakbari
Hi!
I'm new here.
I want to use bullet in my project and I want to compile it with MinGW.
But when i use cmake, it shows an error that it can't find GLUT.
how can i fix it?
I want to use demos to learn bullet, I think Glut is needed for compiling demos.
Thank you.

Re: Building bullet in windows with MinGW

Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:02 pm
by Dr.Shepherd
ahmadiakbari wrote:Hi!
I'm new here.
I want to use bullet in my project and I want to compile it with MinGW.
But when i use cmake, it shows an error that it can't find GLUT.
how can i fix it?
I want to use demos to learn bullet, I think Glut is needed for compiling demos.
Thank you.
I have moved to linux for sometime. In my memory, Windows currently doesn't include GLUT in its library. What I did before is to download the GLUT library and add it by myself. (I also found those files from previous VC6 library, but currently it might be difficult for you to find PC with VC6 on it).

Hope it helps. Anyone who is using windows should provide more detailed information than me.

Re: Building bullet in windows with MinGW

Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:25 am
by ahmadiakbari
Thank you Dr.Shepherd
I compile it in linux and it works well.

Re: Building bullet in windows with MinGW

Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:20 am
by Dr.Shepherd
Great to hear that ! And hope you would enjoy linux as well.

Cheers !