Page 1 of 1

blender exporter

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:12 pm
by rocco_nwt
Hi there,

I would like to know whether it is possible to export a .bullet file from Blender 2.60. It seems to me that does not exist an "addon" exporter to .bullet for Blender and instead one has to use a special compiled version of Blender.

Could anyone give me some help about this?

I know this is a very basic question but I am new with BulletPhysics and the Blender exporter is vital to the decision about using this physic engine.

Thanks in advance.

Ciao, Rocco.

Re: blender exporter

Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:10 pm
by mi076
this

Code: Select all

PhysicsConstraints.exportBulletFile("test.bullet")
works with 2.60a... may be there are better ways, don't know

http://bulletphysics.org/Bullet/phpBB3/ ... f=9&t=6683

Re: blender exporter

Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:17 pm
by rocco_nwt
Thanks mi076,

I had already read that post and I was trying to use

from bge import PhysicsConstraints
PhysicsConstraints.exportBulletFile("test.bullet")

from the python console with no success. Now I see that I have to run it via a controller. I will try it soon.

Ciao, Rocco.

Re: blender exporter

Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:05 am
by mi076
afaik, only via controller