Page 1 of 2

CG Final Project using Bullet - source code available

Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:42 am
by mattrix
Hi! I've uploaded some videos of my Final Project in Computer Graphics where I've used Bullet Physics + OpenGL + C++.

http://www.youtube.com/user/mbattistello

There you will also find some other interesting tests I've made with Bullet :)
If you like it, i'll be glad to share the source code. :wink:

Enjoy it!

Re: CG Final Project using Bullet - source code available

Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:42 am
by Dr.Shepherd
Terrifiic Job ! I enjoy your lights at the night.

Are you using Raycast Vehicle Demo combined with Orge ?

Re: CG Final Project using Bullet - source code available

Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:35 pm
by mattrix
Terrifiic Job ! I enjoy your lights at the night.
Thanks! I'm glad you liked it! :D
Dr.Shepherd wrote: Are you using Raycast Vehicle Demo combined with Orge ?
No, I didn't use any of them. Neither the Raycast Vehicle Demo, nor the Ogre 3D graphics engine.

For the chassis and links of the car I used the collision shapes btBoxShape and for the wheels btCylinderShapeX.
The constraints of the wheels were made using btHingeConstraint.

For the Graphics I just used the good and old OpenGL, there was no 3rd party 3D graphics engine involved.

Re: CG Final Project using Bullet - source code available

Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:43 am
by Dr.Shepherd
OK, that would be more valuable for you since it is all built from scratch, good job !

Where did you put your code ? So I can bookmark it, =)

Re: CG Final Project using Bullet - source code available

Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:04 pm
by mattrix
Dr.Shepherd wrote:OK, that would be more valuable for you since it is all built from scratch, good job !

Where did you put your code ? So I can bookmark it, =)
I've just sent you a PM with the link.

Re: CG Final Project using Bullet - source code available

Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:30 am
by Seba1
Wow looks amazing. This demo is bullet 2.79? I can get a link?

Re: CG Final Project using Bullet - source code available

Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:40 pm
by mattrix
Seba1 wrote:Wow looks amazing. This demo is bullet 2.79? I can get a link?
Thanks!

I've done it a while ago, so I've used release 2.77.

Of course you can, I've already sent you a PM with the link :wink:

Re: CG Final Project using Bullet - source code available

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:50 pm
by albertmech
Hi, very impressive project! I am also willing to learn how to combine opengl and bullet together, and I am sure your work will be a quite good starting point for me. So Is it possible that I can get a link to your code? I appreciate a lot for your generosity!

Re: CG Final Project using Bullet - source code available

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:06 pm
by mattrix
albertmech wrote:Hi, very impressive project! I am also willing to learn how to combine opengl and bullet together, and I am sure your work will be a quite good starting point for me. So Is it possible that I can get a link to your code? I appreciate a lot for your generosity!
You want it, you got it!

I just sent you a PM with the link :wink:

Re: CG Final Project using Bullet - source code available

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:40 am
by andersma
Great! Can I get the source link? Thanks!

Re: CG Final Project using Bullet - source code available

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:42 pm
by mattrix
andersma wrote:Great! Can I get the source link? Thanks!
No problem!
Just sent you a PM with it :wink:

Re: CG Final Project using Bullet - source code available

Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:32 am
by memostermos
This is well done mate, I'm currently developing a project like this and I would appreciate if you could send me the source code cuz I'm new to bullet, cheers..

Re: CG Final Project using Bullet - source code available

Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:26 am
by rcutshaw
Thanks in advance for a link to your sourcecode.

Re: CG Final Project using Bullet - source code available

Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:25 pm
by mattrix
rcutshaw wrote:Thanks in advance for a link to your sourcecode.
Just sent you a PM.
Enjoy!

Re: CG Final Project using Bullet - source code available

Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:16 am
by davewang
Great job! Thanks in advance for the source code!