Page 3 of 4

Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:07 pm
by Siegel
Hey Erwin,

Found a big small problem in preview14, the AND controller is acting like a OR controller.

Otherwise ive been enjoying it :D

Thanks

Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:00 am
by Erwin Coumans
Siegel wrote:Hey Erwin,

Found a big small problem in preview14, the AND controller is acting like a OR controller.

Otherwise ive been enjoying it :D

Thanks
AND controller works fine in this file using Preview14:
http://www.continuousphysics.com/ftp/pu ... ller.blend
You need to press A AND B to move the cube.
It is probably some other issue, Malachy is working on some gamelogic sensor/actuator issues.
Thanks,
Erwin

Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:09 am
by Siegel
Sorry Erwin I should have tested it more thoroughly, the problem only seem to happen when there is an ipo actuator set to play, here is an example of the problem.
http://savefile.com/files/422001 :oops:

Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:17 pm
by mal
Hi Seigel,

This bug has been fixed if you get the latest CVS build ( one later than RC2, like Erwins latest build on the first post of this thread ) - it related to how the Message / IPO fix was done, it has a more correct solution now.

Thanks for posting it, and keep checking for bugs like this ( and posting the simple .blend files ) right up until release!
Mal

Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:36 pm
by calli
Hello,


EDIT: Sorry used an old CVS Checkout!


I am "quite" sure Lightmaps/Multitexturing did work before on my Linux, but now:

Error: libGL.so: invalid mode for dlopen(): Invalid argument
Detected GL_ARB_texture_env_combine
Detected GL_ARB_texture_cube_map
ERROR: GL_ARB_multitexture implementation is broken!
ERROR: GL_ARB_shader_objects implementation is broken!
ERROR: GL_ARB_vertex_shader implementation is broken!
Detected GL_ARB_fragment_shader
ERROR: GL_ARB_vertex_program implementation is broken!
Detected GL_ARB_depth_texture
Detected GL_EXT_separate_specular_color
GL_VERSION: 2.0 (2.0.2 NVIDIA 87.62)

Especially the first error seems very new to me.

Carsten

Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:24 am
by blendenzo
Erwin and mal,

I found a bug regarding realtime text display. When Blender Materials is switched on and a realtime text plane is assigned a material, the text is not displayed in the proper color.

I can't post a link, since this is my first post on the forum, so I will make a second post with a link and explanation.

Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:24 am
by blendenzo
Here is a blend demonstrating the bug:

http://www.blendenzo.com/Files/Help/rea ... tBug.blend

There are two text planes sitting on top of another plane in this file. One of the text planes does not have a material assigned. The other has the same material as the plane they are both sitting on, yet when I run the game, the plane is blue (like it should be) but the text is yellow-orange.

I'm trying to isolate the problem. For now the best I can tell is that the text is displaying opposite values on the wrong channels (for example, a settings of "R:0 G:1 B:0" and "R:1 G:1 B:0" both yield a resulting display of "R:1 G:0 B:1").

Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:29 am
by blendenzo
Okay, I think I have isolated the problem. It seems that (for realtime bitmap text):

- The Red channel always has a value of 1, regardless of where the slider is set, and
- The Blue and Green values are being swapped at runtime.

Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:09 am
by calli
I may have experienced a similar problem. But maybe its due to a bug I posted above and did mess my scene.

Sometimes a object with a material did not show realitime lighting.

I could not nail it down because when I tried in a simple scene all worked well under clean circumstances.

Carsten

Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:58 pm
by blendenzo
Carsten, I ran into that type of problem today (in 2.42a) using an object that had an RGB IPO specified. It seems that if there is a color IPO, it will display that color shadeless instead of the material color (only under certain circumstances, though). I'm not sure if that's what you were experiencing.

Also, about the realtime text, in previous versions of Blender, you could see the Text value of the the plane displayed in Textured Draw Mode before pressing [P]. This was helpful for positioning text correctly in the game. In 2.43, this seems to have changed so that the only thing you can see before pressing [P] is the "@" symbol. Could that get changed back?

Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:21 pm
by Ven0mSevenX
Hey Erwin,

I'm just posting here to let you know that I would like to enter the contest. I'll post some WIP screenshots soon = )

Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:37 pm
by endif
I would like to enter the contest too, but how do i register?

id love to show screen shots, but i cant just yet :wink:

Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:27 pm
by Shaba1
Erwin could you definatetively tell me which version have.

1) the ability to make distributable exe in windows.
2) The ability to make content that can be played in the web plugin
3) The scultp mode and retopo features that are being put int blender version 2.43.

I am asking this because I have about 7 different versions of blender floating around on my hardrive. Some versions have different features that I need and others do not. I am trying to consolidate all those version to save HD space and confustion.

Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:55 pm
by moobins
I will enter too, when we will be able to register?

Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:31 pm
by scabootssca
i'll enter, i posted at blenderartists and i think i should here too