Page 1 of 1

Attach physics actor to keyframed object?

Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:30 am
by fiepel
HI,

I want to do realistic cable or hose physics. The cable is on one end attached to an object which is keyframed in blender (actually the position and orientation is governed by a regular blender constraint). While this main object moves along the keyframed path, the cable drags behind it.

What I basically need is an actor that follows the position and orientation of the keyframed object. Any suggestions on how I should solve this problem?

Any other suggestion on how to do realistic cables for animations are also very welcomed.

Thanks.

Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:01 am
by Erwin Coumans
It should be possible using Bullet's rigidbody constraints. Upcoming versions should work with moving animated objects. Also, you can edit constraints a bit easier, using GUI.

Try the upcoming Blender 2.43 preview 6 or later,
Thanks,
Erwin

Attach physics actor to keyframed object?

Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:38 pm
by fiepel
Thanks Erwin,

Sounds very promising. I will give it a swing when I upgraded my blender version.

Fiepel