Where to start
Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:02 pm
Hello,
I am writing a little 2D physic engine.
At the moment, I am just testing every update frame every object against every other object and resolve the collision directly.
Now I want the engine to be able to handle stacking!
What are the common approaches to this problem and where can I find information about them?
Thanks!
Nathan
Edit: I probably should mention, that my physic engine is realtime (like for games).
I am writing a little 2D physic engine.
At the moment, I am just testing every update frame every object against every other object and resolve the collision directly.
Now I want the engine to be able to handle stacking!
What are the common approaches to this problem and where can I find information about them?
Thanks!
Nathan
Edit: I probably should mention, that my physic engine is realtime (like for games).