bug setting a new position to a dynamic object
Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:22 am
*Still using Bullet 1.9*
The thing is like this : I have a ball that I control, initially I put a position in the MotionState and create the object and then (I saw that modifing the motionsate afterwards doesn't do anything, it's just used to copy data from somewhere else) I used the ccdPhysicsController->setPosition which works but... I have my ball on the surface and I save it's position and next time I wanna load the position, the thing is that if I do this without exiting the program and going back in, it all works fine but when I go back in, my object is pushed away really-really far, and now I gotta add 0.5 to Y to fix that, is that a bug or I was missing something or... I must upgrade ?
BTW: Bullet has these Vector2/Vector3 Classes, which I got as well,so if I wanna upgrade I gotta rename them as I did before, and it's a pain, a namespace of something could sort it out or something like BulletVector3 or btVector3 ? If this is different on recent release then let me know.
The thing is like this : I have a ball that I control, initially I put a position in the MotionState and create the object and then (I saw that modifing the motionsate afterwards doesn't do anything, it's just used to copy data from somewhere else) I used the ccdPhysicsController->setPosition which works but... I have my ball on the surface and I save it's position and next time I wanna load the position, the thing is that if I do this without exiting the program and going back in, it all works fine but when I go back in, my object is pushed away really-really far, and now I gotta add 0.5 to Y to fix that, is that a bug or I was missing something or... I must upgrade ?
BTW: Bullet has these Vector2/Vector3 Classes, which I got as well,so if I wanna upgrade I gotta rename them as I did before, and it's a pain, a namespace of something could sort it out or something like BulletVector3 or btVector3 ? If this is different on recent release then let me know.