Angular constraints and baumgarte
Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:56 am
Hey all,
I've been working on deriving all of the constraints from first principles but I'm getting stuck on angular constraints. Let's say I want to stop rotation around axis A. The jacobian would be:
Dc/dt = [0 0 0 Ax Ay Az 0 0 0 -Ax -Ay -Az]
I can't figure out how to formulate it at the position level (C) properly. In the angular cases is the baumgarte still (C / dt) ?
Is there a technique for constructing angular constraints at the position level and their baumgarte term?
Thanks!
I've been working on deriving all of the constraints from first principles but I'm getting stuck on angular constraints. Let's say I want to stop rotation around axis A. The jacobian would be:
Dc/dt = [0 0 0 Ax Ay Az 0 0 0 -Ax -Ay -Az]
I can't figure out how to formulate it at the position level (C) properly. In the angular cases is the baumgarte still (C / dt) ?
Is there a technique for constructing angular constraints at the position level and their baumgarte term?
Thanks!