Page 1 of 1

btPoint2PointConstraint: first impulse very strong

Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:40 pm
by zeder3d
Hi,

I'm new to Bullet and I have to deal with constraints on the project I'm working on.
The P2P constraint seems to work well on my project, but the first impulse of my constraint is very strong (the child body goes very fast around the parent body which doesnt move as it has no mass).
I succeeded in amortizing the child body with setDamping method, but the first impulse issue remains.... and i don't have a clue how to solve it...

I thought it was related to "motor" but it seems that motors are not available on btPoint2PointConstraint...

Would you know how to handle this problem??

thanks

Z.

Re: btPoint2PointConstraint: first impulse very strong

Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:37 am
by zeder3d
In fact this was due to a problem when I was setting my original position for my child. I did a mistake in my transformations matrices.
Probleme solved!

Z.