Page 1 of 1

dynamica Questions

Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:57 am
by carlkeifer
Hey all,

I have just started playing around with dynamica. it's just the ticket for a big project I have been working on. I have a question about something that I can't seem to find in any of the docs.

First can I turn on collisions between objects that are constrained together? I've been having some interpenetration issues, but the bullet docs suggest that I should be able to do this.

Re: dynamica Questions

Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:11 am
by intervic
If two objects are constrained with a Dynamica Constraint, they collide with each. Try with more substeps. If the objects are interpenetrated at begining if the simulation try to activate Split Impulse.

Re: dynamica Questions

Posted: Tue May 31, 2011 4:34 pm
by mBakr
this feature in Dynamica (collisions between constrained objects) is in flux at the moment. the next release will likely have an option to control this behavior...

if you are able to build from source, change line 144 in bt_solver.h from:

m_dynamicsWorld->addConstraint(btc->constraint(), true);

to

m_dynamicsWorld->addConstraint(btc->constraint(), false);