Stackless trees
Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:42 am
Hi,
I have a question about Bullet's stackless trees: are they compatible with the usual raycast optimization where, in search of the closest hit, you go to the closest child first during the tree traversal?
As far as I can see it is not possible to jump from a parent node to the second child directly, because then there's no way to go back to the first child later.
Thus, using the stackless tree seems to prevent a rather important optimization for raycast queries. Which is kind of a shame because stackless is a lot sexier than recursive.
Any idea? Did I miss something?
- Pierre
I have a question about Bullet's stackless trees: are they compatible with the usual raycast optimization where, in search of the closest hit, you go to the closest child first during the tree traversal?
As far as I can see it is not possible to jump from a parent node to the second child directly, because then there's no way to go back to the first child later.
Thus, using the stackless tree seems to prevent a rather important optimization for raycast queries. Which is kind of a shame because stackless is a lot sexier than recursive.
Any idea? Did I miss something?
- Pierre