Page 1 of 1
getting CollisionObject pointers by name
Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:42 am
by jstolarz
I'm trying to import (using btBulletWorldImporter) a collision world created by using world->serialize(), however it seems there's no way for me to recover btCollisionObject pointers by name. I see functions for constraints, RigidBodies, and shapes. Is there some other way to go about this?
Thanks.
Re: getting CollisionObject pointers by name
Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:05 am
by jstolarz
Hmm...in further reading of the btBulletWorldImporter source, it seems to assume the loaded world is a btDynamicWorld rather than a btCollisionWorld. Does passing in a collision world to the importer constructor adversely affect anything? Are they compatible?
Re: getting CollisionObject pointers by name
Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:50 pm
by Erwin Coumans
There is currently no support for btCollisionWorld in btBulletWorldImporter, but it should be possible to implement it. Can you try it yourself, and let us know if/where you get stuck?
Thanks,
Erwin
Re: getting CollisionObject pointers by name
Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:13 pm
by jstolarz
Ok, maybe I will come back to this. I figured this would be low-hanging fruit, but as it's not quite, I must first focus on other parts of integrating Bullet into my application.