Robust Particle CCD: where is this diagram from?
Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:10 pm
hi,
I'm attaching a set of diagrams from Richard Tonge's presentation "Collision detection in PhysX" from the Siggraph 2010 Recent Advances in Real-Time Collision and Proximity Computations for Games and Simulations course: http://tclab.kaist.ac.kr/~sungeui/Colli ... ichard.pdf
I'm trying to find the paper that these diagrams are sourced from; I remember reading it recently but I can't find it, even after two afternoons of Googling.
In the mystery paper, the left-most diagram is used to describe a particle-vs-rigidbody CCD method: the particle is transformed to the body's local frame at both old and new timesteps, which defines a linear particle path in the body's local frame. This path is then tested vs the body.
I'm a bit hazy on the other two diagrams but clearly they're demonstrating the robustness of the particle collision method in the cases of sharp creases (i.e particles don't get stuck) and "sandwiching" (i.e particle's aren't pushed through the world).
Anyway, if anyone can recall the original paper, I'd really appreciate it. Otherwise I guess I'll try asking Mr. Tonge himself.
thanks,
Raigan
I'm attaching a set of diagrams from Richard Tonge's presentation "Collision detection in PhysX" from the Siggraph 2010 Recent Advances in Real-Time Collision and Proximity Computations for Games and Simulations course: http://tclab.kaist.ac.kr/~sungeui/Colli ... ichard.pdf
I'm trying to find the paper that these diagrams are sourced from; I remember reading it recently but I can't find it, even after two afternoons of Googling.
In the mystery paper, the left-most diagram is used to describe a particle-vs-rigidbody CCD method: the particle is transformed to the body's local frame at both old and new timesteps, which defines a linear particle path in the body's local frame. This path is then tested vs the body.
I'm a bit hazy on the other two diagrams but clearly they're demonstrating the robustness of the particle collision method in the cases of sharp creases (i.e particles don't get stuck) and "sandwiching" (i.e particle's aren't pushed through the world).
Anyway, if anyone can recall the original paper, I'd really appreciate it. Otherwise I guess I'll try asking Mr. Tonge himself.
thanks,
Raigan