Open questions for Bullet Physcis
Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:59 pm
I look at this site but couldn't find an email to contact people from this site, so I figured I would write them here and hopyfully get some answers.
Hardware physics is a hot topic today.
It's debated across many sites/boards.
That is why I am seeking information about the benefits of Bullet OpenCL physics and a comparision to Bullet CPU physics.
1. Does anyone have any documentation or informed views regarding how much more powerfull Bullet 2.77 OpenCL compared to Bullet CPU physics?
Like how much more powerfull is it to run Bullet on a GPU compared to eg. dual, quad and hexacore CPU?.
2. Where is the current limitions for achiveable Bullet CPU's physics?
Can you run cloth on a top end CPU today?
Tearable cloth?
Interactive smoke?
Interactive fluids?
Destrauctable architechture?
3. How big is the difference on simple riggid bodies physics when comparing CPU's to GPU's?
Like how many object can be run on the CPU and how many object can be run on the GPU?
I am trying to quantify the difference
4. How many CPU cores would it take to match a lowend GPU?
And a midrange range GPU.
And a high end GPU?
Is there a interection point?
5. Is OpenCL done or is there more work required beore the framewrok is done?
I hope I can get some informed inforamtion fro mthis board...or get pointed to the right place for these question.
Tanks in advance
Lonbjerg.
Hardware physics is a hot topic today.
It's debated across many sites/boards.
That is why I am seeking information about the benefits of Bullet OpenCL physics and a comparision to Bullet CPU physics.
1. Does anyone have any documentation or informed views regarding how much more powerfull Bullet 2.77 OpenCL compared to Bullet CPU physics?
Like how much more powerfull is it to run Bullet on a GPU compared to eg. dual, quad and hexacore CPU?.
2. Where is the current limitions for achiveable Bullet CPU's physics?
Can you run cloth on a top end CPU today?
Tearable cloth?
Interactive smoke?
Interactive fluids?
Destrauctable architechture?
3. How big is the difference on simple riggid bodies physics when comparing CPU's to GPU's?
Like how many object can be run on the CPU and how many object can be run on the GPU?
I am trying to quantify the difference
4. How many CPU cores would it take to match a lowend GPU?
And a midrange range GPU.
And a high end GPU?
Is there a interection point?
5. Is OpenCL done or is there more work required beore the framewrok is done?
I hope I can get some informed inforamtion fro mthis board...or get pointed to the right place for these question.
Tanks in advance
Lonbjerg.