Looking for constraint based physics engine overview
Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:16 pm
I'm trying to write a small physics engine in Java, partly to write a small game and partly to teach myself how these things work. I would like to know if there is some website or book out there that gives a good overview of building a constraint based physics engine, including solving the system of constraints and implementing an LCP algorithm.
I've downloaded the ODE source code and am readng thorugh it. While I think I've got the general idea, I'm still not exactly sure how a Jacobian matrix solves the constraint system, or what exactly the LCP is doing under the hood.
I've previously bought "Physics for Game Developers" from O'Reilly, and was very disappointed with its lack of implementation details. Are there any good books that give a good overview of what the engine is doing?
I've downloaded the ODE source code and am readng thorugh it. While I think I've got the general idea, I'm still not exactly sure how a Jacobian matrix solves the constraint system, or what exactly the LCP is doing under the hood.
I've previously bought "Physics for Game Developers" from O'Reilly, and was very disappointed with its lack of implementation details. Are there any good books that give a good overview of what the engine is doing?