Solvers
Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:06 pm
I am lucky to be able to run the good old physX from nVidia under maya 2008 32 (I try to get a beta of the new one but ... oh well). A fabulous attribute it the "force sleep" and the "sleep threshold" which basically work like this: ARBs will be inactive until a force of magnitude X will "awaken them". Awesome for thousand of reasons... Does Dynamica has or is planing or cares to implement such functionality? Just an idea.
BTW: I notice there are 3 solvers methods in the solver node. One of them being physX... does anyone care to elaborate on their pros and cons?
Thanks much,
Jim
BTW: PDI is a rather amazing tool as well, allowing for objects that sit on each other to be solved even where they intersect. I think Dynamica is incredibly fast and I just want to understand it better. I appreciate being able to use tools like this in Maya.
BTW: I notice there are 3 solvers methods in the solver node. One of them being physX... does anyone care to elaborate on their pros and cons?
Thanks much,
Jim
BTW: PDI is a rather amazing tool as well, allowing for objects that sit on each other to be solved even where they intersect. I think Dynamica is incredibly fast and I just want to understand it better. I appreciate being able to use tools like this in Maya.