Problem with units and Dynamica plugin (Maya 2010)
Posted: Thu May 27, 2010 3:35 am
Hi,
I think there is something strange going on with the units in Maya.
I set the units to meters in Maya.
Then I have a rigid-body-sphere placed at 1.588, 2.672, -0.726.
I export the physics data to .Bullet format.
Then I used the "Bullet Physics Editor" for Windows (OpenGLEditorWindows.exe) to open this file.
In that file, when I select this object, the world transform is showing as: 158.8, 267.2, -72.6
What is happening here?
It looks like the units are getting converted from meters to centimeters.
If I set the units to centimeters in Maya, then the exported data is right.
Thanks
I think there is something strange going on with the units in Maya.
I set the units to meters in Maya.
Then I have a rigid-body-sphere placed at 1.588, 2.672, -0.726.
I export the physics data to .Bullet format.
Then I used the "Bullet Physics Editor" for Windows (OpenGLEditorWindows.exe) to open this file.
In that file, when I select this object, the world transform is showing as: 158.8, 267.2, -72.6
What is happening here?
It looks like the units are getting converted from meters to centimeters.
If I set the units to centimeters in Maya, then the exported data is right.
Thanks