Page 1 of 1

OgreKit info

Posted: Sun May 02, 2010 6:13 am
by pablophysics
Hi all, this is my first post.
I have been reading about OgreKit and I find it's amazing all it can do, but I would like to know how to use it and some extra information:
1)Are there tutorials or examples of how to use it?
2)Is this a API or SDK or a wrapper of Ogre + bullet?
3)Can I program it in C++?
4)I downloaded the source and i saw a folder called 'OgreLite'. What's that? A modified 1.7 version of Ogre?
5)I downloaded the compiled sample and it only has one exe but no dlls (I didn't see Ogre dlls for example). How can Ogre run without those dlls?

Thank you very much, and thanks to Erwin and your team for all your AWESOME work :D

(I posted this thread in ogre/blender forums, but I didn't get too much info :P)

Re: OgreKit info

Posted: Mon May 03, 2010 5:52 am
by Erwin Coumans
The main discussion about OgreKit should happen in this specific forum topic at the Blender Artists forums:
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=155310

Bug reports in the google code issue tracker: http://code.google.com/p/gamekit/issues/list
1)Are there tutorials or examples of how to use it?
Try to compile the trunk using cmake. The main example is trunk/Samples/Runtime, a second more complex sample is trunk/Samples/LogicDemo.
2)Is this a API or SDK or a wrapper of Ogre + bullet?
3)Can I program it in C++?
It is all written in C++ and you can use it any way you like as game engine or SDK. OgreKit includes Ogre, Bullet and it has some Lua scripting bindings and a bit more.
4)I downloaded the source and i saw a folder called 'OgreLite'. What's that? A modified 1.7 version of Ogre?
It is just Ogre trunk from a while ago, with some of the unused parts removed. It should be easy to upgrade to the latest trunk of Ogre.
5)I downloaded the compiled sample and it only has one exe but no dlls (I didn't see Ogre dlls for example). How can Ogre run without those dlls?
We link everything statically to avoid "dll hell", and we improved the cmake build files so that it compiles out-of-the-box without very little effort. It doesn't require any external dependencies.

Thanks,
Erwin

Re: OgreKit info

Posted: Sat May 15, 2010 7:13 am
by pablophysics
I'm sorry for the late reply, I've been away :P, but thanks for your answer Erwin.
If I want to know more about the Ogrekit and ask you something directly to you, Can I do it here?
Or I put that questin in the Blender thread?

Thanks again.

Re: OgreKit info

Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:21 am
by Erwin Coumans
Please use the Blender Artists thead or the issue tracker from my previous reply.

Thanks,
Erwin