Question about Height-Field Tutorial
Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:02 pm
For testing purpose I'm going to use the TriangleIndexVertexArray + BvhTriangleMeshShape but for my system they are not that efficient as I have to duplicate the data in memory. Now on the Wiki there is this Height Field Tutorial which talks about a way to stream vertex data. The tutorial mentions two ways for doing this one beeing UserCallbackShape and one beeing a hack on the StridingMeshInterface.
What is the better way for handling triangle mesh data which is present in a non-striding array? I can make the data strided like for the OpenGL module but every striding requires additional memory which I would like to avoid if possible.
Furthermore I have already an Octree structure in place hence there is no need for BvhTriangleMeshShape to create one itself. Can I somehow replace part of the collision routines to use my already existing Octree?
I'm new to this physics libary and do not fully understand the working of the classes yet without having to dig through the source code. I like though the OOP approach of the design as it matches better with the design of my engine than ODE did ( giving me too many problems to be a feasible solution ).
- Pl?ss Roland
What is the better way for handling triangle mesh data which is present in a non-striding array? I can make the data strided like for the OpenGL module but every striding requires additional memory which I would like to avoid if possible.
Furthermore I have already an Octree structure in place hence there is no need for BvhTriangleMeshShape to create one itself. Can I somehow replace part of the collision routines to use my already existing Octree?
I'm new to this physics libary and do not fully understand the working of the classes yet without having to dig through the source code. I like though the OOP approach of the design as it matches better with the design of my engine than ODE did ( giving me too many problems to be a feasible solution ).
- Pl?ss Roland