Page 1 of 1

Install Dynamica on Mac OS X 10.5.8

Posted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:54 am
by fullyAnimated
Hello all,
apologies if this has already been asked. I downloaded the 2.7.6 Dynamica for Maya 2010 plugin running on Mac OS X 10.5.8, but first of all, running the install.sh doesn't seem to work. I open Terminal and drag and drop and "Enter" the command and doesn't do anything. After manually putting the files where I think they go, the plug in gets listed in the preferences, plugins window, but when I try to run it I get this message: "// Error: dlopen(/Users/Shared/Autodesk/maya/2010/plug-ins/BulletMayaPlugin_2.76.bundle, 1): no suitable image found. Did find: /Users/Shared/Autodesk/maya/2010/plug-ins/BulletMayaPlugin_2.76.bundle: unknown required load command 0x80000022 (BulletMayaPlugin_2.76)"
Does anyone have any suggestions? I really appreciate it. Thanks! :mrgreen:

Re: Install Dynamica on Mac OS X 10.5.8

Posted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:25 am
by Erwin Coumans
The precompiled Mac plugin is probably generated using OSX Snow Leopard / 10.6.

Easiest is to just compile the Maya plugin yourself. Download and unzip the Bullet sources, and go to Bullet/Extras/MayaPlugin and in a terminal window run

Code: Select all

make -f Makefile.mac
Thanks,
Erwin

Re: Install Dynamica on Mac OS X 10.5.8

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:14 am
by RENN77
I am running osx 10.6.7. and trying to install Bullet plug in for maya 2010
Is there some step by step documentation? I downloaded http://code.google.com/p/bullet/downloa ... t-2.78.zip

Once opened I go to Bullet/Extras/ but can't find MayaPlugin folder.

I use maya particles and some houdini and was looking to learn some new tools

Thanks in advance

Re: Install Dynamica on Mac OS X 10.5.8

Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:58 pm
by thomaslisle
tried the same thing cant find the plug in

Re: Install Dynamica on Mac OS X 10.5.8

Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:17 pm
by Erwin Coumans
The plugin is moved to its own repository at

http://dynamica.googlecode.com

It still links to the Bullet source repo (using svn::externals).