Page 1 of 1

Are there any bullet vehicle demos?

Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:33 pm
by sbroumley
Looking over the bullet source code I noticed there is some support for raycast vehicles. Are there any demos available that make use of it?

thanks
-Steve

Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:10 am
by Erwin Coumans
not yet, the vehicle code is just release an hour ago in subversion :)

I will add some basic vehicle demo within a few days. Notice that Blender is using the same vehicle code, here is a video of a recent game that uses the same vehicle code:
http://www.continuousphysics.com/ftp/pu ... 6.2006.mpg


The steps are:

- Create a SimulationEnvironment and a RigidBody,
- Create a special 'vehicle constraint' for this RigidBody, which constraints the motion of the rigidbody (which is the chassis) as if it is a vehicle
- Add some wheels to the vehicleconstraint
- apply steering, wheelforces etc. on the vehicleconstraint.
you can tune things like suspension etc.

Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:34 pm
by sbroumley
The video looks pretty cool.

I look forward to seeing how you do the wheel constraints etc.

thanks!