Page 1 of 1

Pivot point offsets when using Dynamica in Maya x64

Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:33 pm
by hotdoggyurkeyam
Hi there. I am using Maya SP1A 2009 x64 on WIndows 7. Everytime I make a polygon object an active mesh rigid body in my scene, the pivot moves to the center of the world. I've froze the transformations of the object, made sure the pivot is centered... and it still does this. One thing I noticed, is under the transform node of the object, the local scale and world scale is not at zero... even when I freeze transformations. Anyone have any ideas as to how to fix this? Thanks.

Re: Pivot point offsets when using Dynamica in Maya x64

Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:34 pm
by rponomarev
Hello,

I reproduced the problem.
This happens because plugin currently always creates a new transform node when converting
existing mesh to rigid body.
I also noticed that it does not delete old transform node, so it still is visible, for example, in
hypergraph (and it has pivot where it was before).
Looks like that we should keep transform node rather than create a new one. This should solve your problem.
I'll fix that in near future.

Thanks for pointing on that,
Roman

Re: Pivot point offsets when using Dynamica in Maya x64

Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:09 pm
by hotdoggyurkeyam
Thanks for taking a look at it, rponomarev. Really appreciate the help!

Re: Pivot point offsets when using Dynamica in Maya x64

Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:06 pm
by rponomarev
Hello,

Unfortunately we cannot simply use existing transform for rigidBodyNode, because we should keep Maya shape node(and its transform) as well.
It may be needed, for example, for high-quality rendering.
Now rigid bodies have just very simplified polygonal rendering.
Also we cannot just copy all data from existing transform node, because Bullet requires that origin of a rigid body coordinate center should be in its center of mass.

So I copied data from the resulting worldMatrix attribute.
Get the dynamicaUI.mel file r2051, I think this should solve your problem.

Thanks again,
Roman